Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Years in Peru

New Years Eve was interesting as well here. Us girls (Anna, Marissa, and Susanna) went to the youth group of one of the churches in Cusco. A few missionary girls, who are with Wycliff, had invited us over for dinner and to celebrate bringing in the New Year. Andrew Eisner (a missionary in Cusco) had his family visiting, and his sister joined us that night too. The night was so much fun, and filled with a lot of laughter. Right before midnight we went upstairs to watch the fireworks. We had a great view over Cusco to watch the fireworks being shot up from the roofs. Someone mentioned that it seemed like little fleas jumping around, which was a good description. On New Year's Eve in Peru, it is typical to use yellow for everything at New Years: confetti, balloons, leis, and underwear. If you have these, it is for good luck, that you will have a good year. Here is a shot of us at dinner that night:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home