Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Wah-becca

So I have acquired more nicknames here than I truly expected! The normal “Becca” which I am accustomed to hear, Rebequita (which is a nickname given with affection) and from that a few more variations:

*Bequita (which I am not as fond of, maybe because it is close to Becky, which I love for other people, but it just never fit me)
*Bebequita (from a combo of my name and bebe or in English: baby)
*Wewequita (this one is more recent, and I am not too fond of either, but don´t think that it will last).

However the last one, I am not sure if I don’t like it because it reminded me of when I was little and couldn’t pronounce my “R’s” and they came out as “W’s”. When I was little I would tell everyone that my name was “Wahbecca” I liked “Wabbits” and the primary colors were "blue, yellow, gween, and wed". I had to go to speech therapy to get this corrected.

But recently when I heard this name of “Wewequita” and it reminded me of those days when I couldn’t pronounce my R’s it made me think of God, and His awesome big plan for my life. Now I can pronounce 3 different “R’s” well, and after meeting other people from different countries I have been able to practice other pronunciations of R´s. (French, German, Danish, and Swiss). How awesome to look back and see how God’s hand was working even in my young years of 3-4, that He enabled me to have my English R´s corrected and then to be able to communicate in another language that can be difficult for some people to pronounce and roll the R’s.

1 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2005 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Becca!!! So glad to read your blog and learn all about what's going on with you. Beautiful pictures too, by the way.
    We're praying for you!

    In Him,

    Diane Day
    my blog: http://360.yahoo.com/gdsjday@sbcglobal.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home