Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Yet Again, Another Small World

So as I mentioned, I spent some time in Cusco with some friends during my school break. We were expecting an intern, Anna, to arrive later on in the week, and she was going to stay with us. On the Friday morning that she was getting to Cusco, I wanted to prepare breakfast, but I prepared some grits (not really knowing where she was from or if she would like them). Since she had arrived to Lima really late at night, spent the night in the airport, and flew to Cusco that morning, she came to the apartment and crashed. (Not that I can blame her at all!) Later when we were talking, Marissa, an intern in Cusco told me that she went to Samford (which is in Birmingham). I thought that was cool. When she woke up we started talking, and I found out that her dad works at Briarwood Pres., but that she goes to Oak Mountain Pres. To add another small world story to my blog, Anna is the sister of my friend Rebecca Cushman, who I know from Oak Mountain. That was quite fun!!


(Anna and I at a coffee joint)



She and I did a few things together while I was there. One day we went to some Incan ruins overlooking Cusco, named Saqsaywaman. It was fun because there weren’t many tourists there, and we kind of made our own tour there. (Respectively, of course!) Here are a few shots of those ruins.




Also here is a shot of all of us girls together in Cusco. It was a great way to spend my school vacations. (Left to Right: Susanna Murphy, Anna Cushman, Marissa Gabrysch, and myself)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home