Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Friday, April 20, 2007

The Training Began

Here are some pictures from the training last Saturday in Huaycan, and this Tuesday in Santa Anita. In all 10 women are interested in this training.

Pictured from left to right:

Maria Mendoza
Cledia (who in a year will return to the jungle region of Peru with her family-her husband is finishing seminary here in Lima)
Isabel Pineda
Lucia Quiquimlla Quichca
Albertina Cardenas
Hermelinda




Reyna Quiñones
Elita Aguilar Huilca


(not pictured: Yrene Chahua Huamanzana and Lea Bonzano)


My style of teaching is not just book reading or lecturing. I am a hands on learner, and so I have several activities planned, most which include 2 volunteer actresses, a bit of pretending from all, and the right supplies. So this is of me "cutting my arm and bleeding profusely" (red markers come in handy!) and my helpers.



Right now in Huaycan we are meeting on Saturdays to complete the training, and in Santa Anita we are meeting on Tuesday and Saturday evenings. I'm sure there will be more pictures and hopefully video clips to come soon! Thank you for praying for this ministry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home