Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Health Training Begins!

Last Saturday (March 31st) I met with several women in Huaycan who are interested in being trained to be health promoters. We talked about the purpose and goals of the ministry, and what the training would look like. We agreed on the dates for the training... which will be April 14, and April 21. From there we'll meet more regularly and I'll teach new things each time. The main training right now will focus on first aid, roles and responsibilities of a promotor, caring for the sick, and nutrition. I actually just finished the first aid section of the training last night... (Its only 36 pages typed!) I am eager and nervous for this to start. I'll be training twice. Once in Huaycan, and again in Santa Anita. (Santa Anita's training will be 2 nights a week for 2 weeks instead of 2 Saturdays, and that will start for them on April 17th).

Please pray for the women who are considering this ministry: Isabel, Lucia, Albertina, and Hermelinda (all from Huaycan); and Lea, Irene, Elita (from Santa Anita).

Its also crunch time for me, so please pray as I finish things up here for the training!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home