Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Update on Elizabeth

Last week I went to visit Elizabeth again with one of the future health promoters from Huaycan (Isabel). Elizabeth is doing really well. She'll go back to the doctor at the end of this month, and her external fixation device will probably be taken out, and she will probably start taking small steps to walking normal again. She is encouraged, and eager for this to pass. When we were talking about her scars she told me, "Its just one more testimony of how God has gotten me through this and how he saved my life!"

For Good Friday, there was a church service at the church in Huaycan, uniting a few of the church plants. She really wanted to go, and hasn't been to the church since her accident in January. The only thing impeding her is a way there. Kike and I picked her up before the service (and she was all cutely dressed up!) and brought her down. It was a delight for me. I can't imagine being away from the body of Christ for so long, even though many visit her regularly. She enjoyed her time there, and it was encouraging to see those come up around her and help out.



Thank you for your prayers, and please keep them up! She's still got a bit to go yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home