Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mí vida en Arequipa

My life in Arequipa: Most days are good. It is a lot like college in some ways, 2 classes a day, I walk to my school, I have homework in the afternoon, there´s usually a nap in there somewhere (most of the times accidental), 3 days a week spinning class (if I am not sick), and room and board. The only difference is that I can´t communicate very well right now. That is well.......FRUSTRATING, but fun at times. I am usually making a fool out of myself, which brings joy and laughter to everyone. The mornings and evenings are cool and throughout the day it is quite hot, and this is the winter here!

Here is a picture of me with Volcano Chichani, and Arequipa in the background.




I went horseback riding my first weekend here with some other students and missionaries. It was not quite like my last horseback ride in Tennessee, but I had to make the best of it. My horse didn´t want to go anywhere we were supposed to, but would often take the lead anyways, I think to get the dust out of our faces, and for that I am thankful!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home