Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

¡Es un mundo pequeño!

It´s a small world! Last week I got to meet up with Luisa Calisaya, whom I worked with at Brookwood Medical Center. Arequipa is her home town. She is here visiting family, and we got together after my classes one day for lunch and her tour of Arequipa. That night we went to a Festidanza which was a program that had different countries representing their dances. It was so much fun! During the course of our day, we found out that the same people that are directing and teaching in the very small school that I attend, she went to high school with them! Arequipa is not a small city either! What a small world that I would work with her in Birmingham, Alabama and then go to a school in Arequipa, Peru run by those she went to high school with! ¡INCREDIBLE!

Here is a picture of me, Luisa, and her sister Margarita.


















Another small world story is that another missionary family here that are going to the same small school I am, are from Birmingham as well. I had heard about them before I came, but didn’t know we’d have any interaction. Steve and Stacie Brooks and their two adorable children Eli and Alex. In college Stacie roomed with Gayle Christopher (who is in the OMPC singles group), and Steve worked with Dave Smith in the service and Dave’s wife Dee was my mentor this past year. There are a few other people at OMPC that we know. How cool is that?

Here are some pictures of Stacie and the kids when we went horseback riding:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home