Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's next?

I've gotten that question a lot lately, be it in English or Spanish. I am in a bit of transition, as I will be back on US soil in about 4 months. Its is so hard to believe how fast this time has flown. I am still praying for complete savoring and enjoyment of these last months here. I am still excited to be here, so its not like I am counting down because I dread it here. I am excited to be here and I am excited to return. I am sad to leave and scared to come back. I will not be extending my time, even after thinking and praying about it, I do not feel the Lord calling me to stay beyond the 2 years I will complete in Lima. So... that is what brings us to answer the question, "What's next?"

As of now, this is what I feel the Lord leading me to. (He often rearranges my plans, so all of this is flexible). Upon my arrival back to the states at the end of February, I anticipate traveling around to churches and supporters visiting and sharing about my time in Peru. I am projecting starting a job at the end of April/early May. I will be returning to Birmingham, and thus returning to my home and supporting church Oak Mountain Presbyterian, where good friends await. In my hope and dream to eventually study further to be a nurse practitioner, I would like to work at Children's Hospital for some more pediatric experience. I am praying months in advance for a position there of 7on 7off with the night shift of 11p-7a. (Feel free to pray that specific prayer with me). Why that schedule?? Working as a nurse, there is less possibility of having Sundays off to go to church, and this is one way I could do that as well as get plugged into things back home or get involved with some ministries. I would also like to see some more of family and friends that I haven't seen in a few years, and this schedule would also allow for some travel. So perhaps after a few years of working and saving, I'll be able to pursue the studies to be a nurse practitioner.

So there you have it!

Please pray with me about some specifics upon my return: Car, finances, job, place to live, roommate(s), TRANSITIONING, travel, speaking engagements, etc.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

  • At December 14, 2007 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is sad to know that you wont stay longer in Peru, but it is great to know that you are following what God is telling you to do. Marietta and I will pray for you and the rest of the team in Salamanca, and we'll also pray for your returning to the US. God bless you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home