Becca In Perú

Welcome to my blog! This page is to share with you some of my life experiences here in Peru. Feel free to browse through my articles posted. It is a lot of what I see, hear, and observe, as well as my thoughts and inspirations from it. It may not accurately represent the culture in which I am living, as it is through my eyes and not theirs, but it may give you a little taste of Peru and my life here.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Its been a while

Well, it has been a while, sorry for the delays, but thanks for checking my blog when you can! It has been a very busy month+/_ for me. It has been good, but it hasn't been without its various challenges. After the disaster trip I took last month, I had about a week before some vacation time where I hiked the Inca Trail with my roommates. It was a great trip, and renewed my love for hiking... it was a beautiful trail, with different views of the Andes, passing through many ruins along the way (and playing in them some! :-D ), and ending at Machu Picchu. Right after we got back, I had about a week before my parents arrived. More on their visit on the previous post. They left last week, and I am getting back to "normal". What is normal for me? (I wish I knew!).

We recently started a new Sunday School curriculum, so that has been fun to dive into. The kickoff for this curriculum was the Sunday I was traveling with my parents, so I am now learning some of its methods. Its a good program that teaches the bible chronologically. I am assisting in teaching the group of 11-14 year olds. I am still discipling, doing the children's bulletins, working the worship team, and visiting different people.

This past weekend was exciting as we had the arrival of the Salvatierras to Lima. Michael, Laura, and Noah Salvatierra just finished language school in Arequipa and are here in Lima. Please pray with us for a home for them here in Salamanca. Their desire is to be living where they will be serving, but there are not too many places available right now. Here is a picture from the welcome party we had for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home